Monday, August 6, 2007

A Little Sip of Heaven



Hi, I am Karen, one of the owners of Thompson & White Tea Company. I went to the beach this weekend and it was everything you want when you are at the beach; Good Friends, Hot Sun, Soft Sand, Steady Breeze, Big Waves, Clear Blue Sky, Beautiful Shells and a People magazine. My five hours at the beach were great!

Yesterday was the first day in many years that I had gone to the beach. I am not sure why it’s been so long, but as I sat there on my hot pink beach chair soaking in the sun, I began reminiscing about other trips I’d taken to the beach and it hit me! (No, not droppings from a sea gull passing by) This perfect beach experience was missing one thing: A cup of hot tea!

I know it sounds ridiculous, but I have actually had a perfectly delightful hot cup on tea on the beach. It happened about seven years ago in Old Orchard Beach, Maine. The vacation was already as good as it could get, because I was with all of my most favorite people. Every day we sat on the beach and enjoyed the ocean and every night after snacking on pier fries and funnel cake, we would sit around the kitchen table talking and drinking tea. Life was good and it was hard to believe it could get any better. But it did!

One afternoon as we were basking in the sun, my cousin’s husband volunteered (he really did volunteer) to run up to the snack shack and get some ice cream. When he returned, he not only had the icy cold treats, he had a hot cup of tea with milk and sugar for each one of us! It was a completely unexpected surprise that none of us will ever forget. Who knew you could get a hot cup of tea on the beach? And if you’re anything like me and my friends, this was a little sip of heaven on earth.

Next time you’re at the beach, don’t forget the hot tea!

No comments: